About Us

My photo
After an 8 year battle with infertility and countless struggles, our family is finally complete. This blog chronicles the journey it took for us to start and build the family we always wanted. Background on the blog (started in 2012, just days before I found out the embryo transfer for our son worked).... I decided to start a blog after realizing I have only been able to make it through my TWW's (two week waits) with the help of Google and with the openness of other women suffering from infertility sharing their own stories and giving others hope. I have time and time again found my exact symptoms on other women's blogs and felt an overwhelming sense of calmness they provided me. I thought it was time to pay it forward and hopefully provide this same thing to other women on their own journeys.

Monday, March 12, 2012

11w2d - First OB appointment with the doctor

The OB appointment went well.  They had me pee in a cup.  Then the weighed me and got my blood pressure.  I won't even divulge how much weight I've put on since the embryo transfer in January.  I shouldn't be surprised though.  I mean, I did stop running cold turkey and as soon as I was pregnant I was hungry all the time.  So the combination of not running and eat everything in site really took it's toll.  Hopefully I won't continue to gain weight at that speed or they'll be rolling me into labor and delivery in September.

Meeting with Dr. Weibel went well too.  We chatted and he reassured me that going off progesterone wasn't going to harm my baby.  Then he did a fetal doppler scan.  He started scanning all over my belly and I could tell he wasn't in the right place (as I just had done one to myself only an hour before).  He started getting further and further off track.  I was just about to say something when he moved the wand and found it.  He said our baby sounded terrific, cleaned off my belly, wished us luck, and sent us on our way.

That was easy!  :)


2 comments:

  1. I gained 65 pounds with Jaxon and i didn't just stop running. I ate like a crazy person and enjoyed every second of being pregnant. The weight will come off. :) But, I always skipped breakfast the day I had to weigh in with the OB...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too eating like a crazy person. So bad, but so good at the same time. I know I need to reign it in big time!

      Delete